Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Still alive. AKA Happy Birthday to Me.

Welp
Here we are.
40.


Happy Birthday to me

Building up to this day I was mentally trying to assemble a post about being older.
Wax poetic and whatnot about being 40.
But... I didn't write any of it down so I don't remember a lick of it.
I'm sure it was all rubbish anyway.

I do know that I'm starting my 40s in a pretty good place mentally and physically.
In spite of the bit of road rash I gave myself 2 days ago.



Yeouch!

Nothing says welcome to 40 like barely being able to walk first thing in the morning.
Ah well.
Its not like I haven't had road rash before.

But seriously.... I am in a good place that the start of my 4th decade of life.
I never really thought I would make it to here.
Hell, I almost didn't.
I have been fortunate in the last few years to fall in love and (as cheesy as it sounds) that has made a huge difference.
Thanks to her things are different.
More positive.
Better.
And that is one thing in my life that I hope doesn't change.
Ever.

Happy Birthday to me. Now lets ride bikes!





No comments: